- Coupé Laguna et Nervasport ABM3 1935 © Luc Perenom
- World Series by Renault, Belgique, 2007 © DPPI Media
- Vitrine Renault 5 Turbo © Bernard Cannone
Renault brings its history to life
The Renault Collection includes more than 740 vehicles illustrating the inventiveness and know-how of the firm which began its life in 1898 in Boulogne-Billancourt. Along with this collection is a mine of documentation and factual history held on several thousand linear meters of archives, more than 3,200 miniatures and games, 1,900 posters, sundry objects and some 270 1/5 scale mock-ups.
A living collection, it is preserved, maintained and used by the Renault Classic department which shows it regularly during exhibitions, fairs, historic races, press and television documentaries and sporting events throughout Europe (World Series by Renault, Le Mans Classic, Goodwood Festival of Speed, Motorshow Automobile, etc.). In this way, more than 5 million people have come into contact with vehicles in the Renault Collection during the 200 events held in 2011.
- Restauration d’une Renault 5 Alpine Groupe 2 (2011) © Bernard Cannone
- Renault Type K 1902 au Motorshow de Pékin 2012 © Renault
- Festival of Speed of Goodwood, UK, 2011 © Bernard Cannone
Ongoing exchanges with privileged partners:
The associative network
Coordinating Collectors Clubs by organising or taking part in historic events (Epoqu’Auto, the Lohéac second-hand car sale (Autobrocante), etc.) by providing support with Club events, offering access to certain events at preferred rates (Le Mans Classic) and issuing regular bulletins to promote events that Renault Classic is taking part in.
The Brand’s sales network :
Providing assistance with Open Days, new model launches or even at events that the network is party to by making available vehicles from the collection.
Media, historians and authors :
Making historical materials available in the context of a specific research project, making cars available for photo or film shoots or even organising discovery days to allow people to find out more about vehicles in the collection.
- Journée (Re)découverte Renault 5 Turbo, 2010 © Bernard Cannone
- Renault 4 au Monte-Carlo Historique 2011 © Bernard Cannone
- Rétromobile 2012 © Antoine Pascal
Some key figures
- A team of 14 people
- Over 200 events a year
- More than 500 vehicle uses on the various events every year
- More than 5,000,000 people admiring the Renault collection vehicles every year
- Over 2,550 collectors and 305 clubs run in Europe