Renault 21 Turbo
More information about the model Renault 21 Turbo
A new version of the Renault 21 was released in September 1987, in line with Renault’s usual practice of offering a turbocharged sports version in each model range.
Right from the start, the newcomer found itself competing head-to-head with select high-profile sporting saloons like the BMW 325i, the Mercedes 190 2.3 16 S...
The Renault 21 2 litre Turbo was well equipped to take on this competition :
- Drawing on Renault’s unrivalled experience in the design of turbo-charged engines, it featured a light alloy block,
- An integrated electronic engine management system (controlling ignition, injection and turbocharger functions simultaneously),
- All-wheel disc brakes with ABS, low-profile suspension (32 mm) and running gear fine-tuned for high performance,
- Its specific monochrome exterior styling with a new front grille and a remarkable aerodynamic Cx = 0.31,
- Its interior with new bucket seats, special upholstery, a black facia, a three-spoke leather steering wheel, an onboard computer, etc...
Thus defined, RENAULT 21 2L. Turbo offers high level services.